We are currently seeking a program assistant. erienced some life changes that make it difficult for her to continue with the youth center. We are extremely grateful for Piper and her excellent leadership.
The Wave Youth Center is a place where students from the Big Lake community can come to decompress and hang out while also being a place to go for support in the form of mentors in the areas of academic, life, social, and vocational skills. Because we are extremely committed to this community, the youth are also actively involved in the community, helping others, and working with other community groups. We don’t want to provide just a hangout place; we want relationships to develop through the mentors and community involvement to build a healthy community.
This part-time position at The Wave Youth Center is a strategic member in building the organization and the youth it serves. The Program Assistant will help carry out the vision of The Wave Youth Center which is to be a safe and welcoming place that can meet the needs of the body, mind, and spirit of the youth in our community. This part-time position assists in the oversight of the daily activities scheduled at the Youth Center. The position reports directly to the Executive Director.
- This position is a part-time hourly position for current operating hours of the youth center,
- This position is located in Big Lake, MN.
1) Organization Operations: Assists operations of the organization as appropriate.
- Responsible for assisting effective administration of The Wave Youth Center operations.
- Implement and oversee scheduled youth activities for youth who attend the Youth Center.
- Monitor programs, services and activities to ensure safety of everyone present at the Youth Center.
- Ensure quality in programs and appearance of site at all times.
- Adhere to policies and procedures for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
- Report to the Executive Director.
- Collaborate with and maintain relationships with organization volunteers, board members and staff.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- High school diploma/GED with relevant experience working with youth.
- Reliable, dependable, flexible in scheduling, and ability to adapt to quickly changing environments.
- Strong organizational abilities.
- Ability to oversee and collaborate with staff, youth, and families in a professional manner.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- A bachelor’s degree in education, administration, social work or related field.
- Training in mental health issues and crisis management.
Paid Hourly: $13.00 / hourEmail resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Email resumes to: Molly@thewaveyc.org