We are sad to announce that we are currently hiring an Executive Director for The Wave Youth Center. Piper has experienced some life changes that make it difficult for her to continue with the youth center. We are extremely grateful for Piper and her excellent leadership.
The Executive Director of The Wave Youth Center is a strategic leader in building the organization and the youth it serves. They will help carry out the vision of The Wave Youth Center which is to be a safe and welcoming place that can meet the needs of the body, mind, and spirit of the youth in our community. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
- This position is a full-time salaried position. Hours include some set site hours and will include additional responsibilities during the evening and weekend hours.
- This position is located in Big Lake, MN. Office hours plus community outreach.
- Benefits: Paid Time off and flexible schedule.
1) Board Governance: Works with the board in order to fulfill the mission of The Wave Youth Center.
- Responsible for leading The Wave Youth Center in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Responsible for providing a monthly report to the Board of Directors of direct and indirect activities (meetings, outreach, etc.).
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources and works with the Board of Directors to develop a sustainable funding strategy that is sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of The Wave Youth Center, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of The Wave Youth Center in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support The Wave Youth Center’s mission.
- Works with the Board of Directors in planning to ensure that The Wave Youth Center can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of The Wave Youth Center’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
3) Organization Operations. Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible for the effective administration of The Wave Youth Center operations.
- Responsible for recommending individuals to the Board of Directors for hiring, and retention of competent, qualified staff.
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization in consultation with the Board of Directors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or High school diploma/GED with 5 years of relevant experience in non-profit or working with youth.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership.
- Reliable, dependable, flexible in scheduling, and ability to adapt to quickly changing environments.
- Budget planning, preparation, analysis, decision-making, and reporting skills.
- Strong organizational abilities.
- Curriculum development-diverse offering of youth enrichment activities.
- Ability to convey a vision of The Wave Youth Center’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers, community, and donors.
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to the nonprofit sector
- Ability to oversee and collaborate with staff, youth, and families in a professional manner.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
- Proficient in computer skills including social media usage for marketing, communication, and advertising, as well as online calendar scheduling.
- Strong public speaking ability.
- A bachelor’s degree in management, administration, social work or related field
- Grant writing experience
- Training in mental health issues and crisis management
- Planning and operation of the annual budget to be approved by the Treasurer and Board of Directors.
- Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
- Serving as The Wave Youth Centers’ primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media, and the general public.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations throughout the community and state. Utilize those relationships to strategically enhance The Wave Youth Center’s Mission.
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the Organization throughout the community and State.
- Supervise, and collaborate with organization volunteers and staff.
- Strategic planning and implementation.
- Marketing, community outreach, fundraising planning and implementation, donor relations grant writing specifically to the nonprofit sector, and other communications efforts.
- Review and approve contracts for services in consultation with the Board of Directors.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
Email resumes to: Molly@thewaveyc.org by March 26th.